Why is exercising important?
Nowadays, various cardiovascular problems are on the rise and becoming a major cause of concern for both doctors as well as the general population. With a stagnant lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, we are getting farther from a healthier world, and this is the reason why there is an absolute necessity of incorporating some healthy lifestyle practices into our daily routine. It is high time you set some fitness goals and get moving on them. While there are a lot of habits that can help to keep your heart healthy, maintaining a certain activity level on a regular basis is also very important. The best cardiologists in Kolkata suggest that a stagnant lifestyle is an open doorway to many heart diseases and ailments. Staying active on the other hand has numerous benefits and does more than help you maintain healthy weight goals and build muscle, and when we talk about indulging in physical activities for promoting heart health, what could be better than cardio?
What is cardio?
Also known as aerobic exercise, cardio is an umbrella term used for various rhythmic activities that help to increase the pace at which your heart beats by using the repetitive contraction of large muscle groups in your body. What makes cardio different from other exercises like strength training and calisthenics is the fact that cardio depends upon your body’s ability to utilise oxygen why you are engaged in your workout. Including it in your daily routine can help you in the following ways:
- It will help to strengthen your heart hand blood vessels
- It will help to enhance the flow of oxygenated blood to various parts of your body
- It will help to keep health issues like blood pressure and cholesterol under control
- It will bring down your risks of developing various cardiovascular diseases and other medical conditions.
- It will help to keep off the risks of stenosis and plaque formation.
As per the experts from the best cardiac hospital in Kolkata, cardio not only helps to keep heart problems at bay but also brings down the complications associated with a wide gamut of medical conditions.
Best cardio for a healthy heart
While a lot of people waste time thinking about which exercise should be added to their routine and which would yield more benefits than others, what is important to understand is that it is not the type of exercise that matters but rather your commitment and dedication to doing it on a daily basis. There is no magic bullet and no easy way out. You may perform the same exercise at a stretch or try 2 to 3 different exercises. This will help to make your routine more interesting.
While some people prefer keeping it natural, others believe that using machines like treadmill and cross trainer can prove to be more effective. Again, it has nothing to do with whether you are using a machine or going all-natural. We all have different daily routines that include our personal hygiene, eating habits and our work routine. It is very important to include exercise in this list. It should be a habit rather than something you are just doing for fun.
Regular cardio: What you need to know
Now that you have decided to add cardio to your routine, there are some things that you need to keep in your mind and follow religiously.
- No doubt exercise is important, but so is rest. You cannot push yourself beyond a certain activity level as it may even have a negative impact. Your activity level depends upon your age and your medical history. People with joint problems need to go for mild to moderate exercises. Also, it is important to consult your doctor before turning your plan into action.
- The intensity of the exercise should also vary on different days. Sticking to the same routine can be very boring and can also increase the risks of overuse injuries. Indulging in different exercises will help to work on various muscle groups in your body and not just some.
- It is always a better idea to start with mild exercises and increase the pace and intensity gradually, especially if you are a beginner.