The Department of Diabetes & Endocrinology at BMB provides the best and most recent management for patients including advanced radiological and nuclear medicine scans.
Diabetes is a condition wherein the body either stops producing insulin or is unable to utilise insulin to lower blood glucose. The raised blood glucose with time leads to damage to multiple organs including the eyes, heart, kidneys and nerves. However, with the advanced assessment techniques and modern medications, it is very much possible to lead a long and healthy life. BMB offers these with the aim of ensuring good glycaemic control and early diagnosis of any complication should there be any. Different forms of diabetes including diabetes during pregnancy and pancreatitis induced diabetes are all taken care of with the team effort of various specialists all under one roof. Advanced forms of glucose monitoring including CGMS (continuous glucose monitoring systems) is also assessed here.
Endocrinology deals with the hormone dysfunction due to malfunction of the endocrine organs like the thyroid, pituitary, adrenal and parathyroid glands. Thyroid disorders are quite common and if diagnosed and managed correctly may lead to complete resolution of the problem. Assessment and treatment of thyroid disorders may require advanced nuclear medicine scans and workup of thyroid nodules or tumours need ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy all of which is offered here. Our nuclear medicine department is also equipped to scan parathyroid and adrenal glands as well.
Services offered in Diabetes
- Assessment and management of both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Management of pancreatitis induced diabetes
- Management of lipid disorders
- In-depth assessment of diabetes complications
- Assessment of kidney damage from diabetes
- Assessment and management of nerve damage from diabetes
- Assessment of eye damage from diabetes
- Management of obesity
- Use of continuous glucose monitoring system
Services offered in Endocrinology
- Management of Thyroid overactivity and underactivity
- Thyroid uptake scan by nuclear medicine
- Nuclear medicine treatment of thyroid overactivity
- Assessment of thyroid nodules and tumours
- Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration for thyroid nodule assessment
- Assessment of Pituitary disorders
- Assessment of Adrenal disorders
- Assessment of Parathyroid disorders
- Nuclear medicine scans to diagnose parathyroid disorders