Dr. Anjan Siotia
Director - Cardiology
Dr. Anjan Siotia is the Director of Cardiology at BM Birla Heart Research Centre. He was trained in UK for 14 years. He has a huge clinical, procedural & research experience. He is the only HRS (USA) certified cardiac device specialist in Eastern India. His areas of special interest include complex angioplasty, chronic total occlusion, TAVI, CRT & ICD Pacemakers surgery & Radial Intervention.
- MBBS (1997) – Kolkata Medical College
- MRCP (2002) – UK
- IBHRE (2010) – Heart Rhythm Society, USA
- MD (2010) – University of Sheffield
- CCT in Cardiology (UK)
- A Siotia; A Morton; C Malkin; T Raina; J. Gunn. Simultaneous kissing drug-eluting stents to treat unprotected left main stem bifurcation disease: long term outcome in 148 consecutive patients – Euro intervention 2012 Oct; 8(6):691-700
- Gunn; A Siotia; C Malkin; J Iqbal; T Raina; A Morton. Novel use of a pericardium covered stent graft to treat massive intra coronary thrombus- Catheter Cardiovasc Interventions 2012 Jul 1; 80(1):59-64
- Siotia A, Morton A, Mofidi C, Wales C, Newman C, Gunn J. Targeting drug-eluting stents to lesions at high risk of restenosis: a flawed approach? Heart. 2007 Feb; 93(2):251-2
- Siotia A, Morton A, Arnold N, Korgul P, Bowles J, Heppenstall J, Gunn J. Simultaneous kissing stent technique to treat left main stem bifurcation disease. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. 2007 Feb 1; 69(2):209-15
- Siotia A, Buckland R, Judge H, Sastry P, Storey R. Utility of a whole blood single platelet counting assay to monitor the effects of tirofiban in patients with acute coronary syndrome scheduled for coronary intervention. Thrombosis and Haemostasis. 2006 Jun; 95(6):997-1002.
- Siotia A, Chaudhuri A, Muzulu S, Harling D, Muthusamy R. Postoperative hypoxia in a woman with Down’s syndrome: case outcome. British Medical Journal. 2005 May 7; 330:1068
- Siotia A, Gunn J, Muthusamy R, Campbell S. Acute myocardial infarction in young patients: The culprit is not always a ruptured atherosclerotic plaque. International Journal of Clinical Practice. 2007; 61(9):1580-82