Dr. Kalyan Kumar Gangopadhyay
Consultant - Diabetes & Endocrinology
Dr. Kalyan Kumar Gangopadhyay (MD,FRCP,CCST) is a renowned Endocrinologist & Diabetologist and has practiced extensively in India and abroad which included work as a Consultant in Diabetes in University Hospital, Birmingham, UK. Currently, he is a senior Endocrinologist in the CK Birla Group of Hospitals, Kolkata.
Dr. Gangopadhyay has won many awards and accolades in UK including the Stephen Whitaker prize for the best paper – West Midlands, UK, Owen Wade prize in Birmingham, First prize for the best presentation in Society for Endocrinology, London, Nussey Prize in University Hospital Birmingham amongst others. He has written four book chapters and has close to 40 publications in national and international journals and 16 abstract presentations in international conferences in UK, USA, Canada &Netherlands. He has also been the principal investigator of several national and multinational trials. He is one of the founder members of the Integrated Diabetes & Endocrine Academy (IDEA) in India.
Major Areas Of Interest:
- Diabetes both Type1 and Type 2
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Thyroid disorders
- FRCP (UK)
- CCST (Endocrinology, UK)
Award & Honors
- Society for Endocrinology prize for the best presentation – London, February 2007
- West Midlands annual prize for the best presentation – Birmingham, UK, December 2006.
- Owen Wade prize (West Midlands Physician Association for the best presentation), Birmingham, UK, Nov 2006.
- Stephen Whittaker prize for the best paper presentation -Stoke-on-Trent, UK, May 2005.
- Nussey Prize for the best presentation – University Hospital Birmingham, UK, 2007
Research & Publications
- Published close to 40 papers in national and international journals including Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology, British Medical Journal, Clinical Medicine, International journal of Clinical Practice, British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease, Practical Diabetes International, Clinical Endocrinology.
- Written 4 book chapters in both Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- Lead author of “Consensus evidence-based guidelines for in-patient management of hyperglycaemia in non-critical care setting as per Indian clinical practice” which is a guideline for doctors for managing diabetes in hospitalised patients in India.
- Principal investigator of several national and international trials.
- Presented 16 abstract publications in International conferences in UK, USA, Canada, Netherlands.