Dr Anjan Siotia
Consultant, Interventional Cardiologist
Dr. Anjan Siotia has been associated with BM Birla as a senior cardiologist. He has a total experience of 20 years. He has worked as a cardiology registrar at a tertiary centre in UK for 8 years. He is extremely proficient in performing TTE and TOE for all but complex congenital heart disease patients. He also has experience in permanent pacemaker and ICD/CRT implantation. His areas of Interest are Complex Angioplasty, TAVI, Cardiac Devices and Radial Procedure.
He has publications such as Targeting drug-eluting stents to lesions at high risk of restenosis: a flawed approach, Utility of a whole blood single platelet counting assay to monitor the effects of tirofiban in patients with acute coronary syndrome scheduled for coronary intervention.
- MBBS (1997) – Kolkata Medical College
- IBHRE (2010) – Heart Rhythm Society, USA
- MD (2010) – University of Sheffield
- A Siotia; A Morton; C Malkin; T Raina; J. Gunn. Simultaneous kissing drug-eluting stents to treat unprotected left main stem bifurcation disease: long term outcome in 148 consecutive patients – Euro intervention 2012 Oct; 8(6):691-700
- Gunn; A Siotia; C Malkin; J Iqbal; T Raina; A Morton. Novel use of a pericardium covered stent graft to treat massive intra coronary thrombus- Catheter Cardiovasc Interventions 2012 Jul 1; 80(1):59-64
- Siotia A, Morton A, Mofidi C, Wales C, Newman C, Gunn J. Targeting drug-eluting stents to lesions at high risk of restenosis: a flawed approach? Heart. 2007 Feb; 93(2):251-2
- Siotia A, Morton A, Arnold N, Korgul P, Bowles J, Heppenstall J, Gunn J. Simultaneous kissing stent technique to treat left main stem bifurcation disease. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. 2007 Feb 1; 69(2):209-15
- Siotia A, Buckland R, Judge H, Sastry P, Storey R. Utility of a whole blood single platelet counting assay to monitor the effects of tirofiban in patients with acute coronary syndrome scheduled for coronary intervention. Thrombosis and Haemostasis. 2006 Jun; 95(6):997-1002.
- Siotia A, Chaudhuri A, Muzulu S, Harling D, Muthusamy R. Postoperative hypoxia in a woman with Down’s syndrome: case outcome. British Medical Journal. 2005 May 7; 330:1068
- Siotia A, Gunn J, Muthusamy R, Campbell S. Acute myocardial infarction in young patients: The culprit is not always a ruptured atherosclerotic plaque. International Journal of Clinical Practice. 2007; 61(9):1580-82