Posted on 08/14/2021 by BMB
As heart attacks tend to be very sudden and intense and can be fatal, symptoms and signs that are associated with a heart attack should not be taken lightly. If you doubt that your heart’s health is deteriorating and you are experiencing the symptoms mentioned in this article, you should consult the best heart doctor in Kolkata as soon as possible as matters related to the heart should not be taken lightly. One of the reasons there are so many cases of heart attack is that most symptoms do not even happen in the chest and it doesn’t even come to a person’s mind that what they’re experiencing could be because of a heart-related issue. This is why it becomes important you recognise the signs and symptoms related to a heart attack.
Experts from the best cardiac centre in Kolkata suggest that being overweight, having diabetes, having high cholesterol, or having high blood pressure, are all risk factors. This means if you have any of these morbidities then the chances of you getting a heart attack are more than a person who does not have these problems. Thus, it becomes important to maintain overall health and fitness in order to take care of the heart properly and reduce the chances of getting heart-related problems.
If you experience any of the following mentioned signs or symptoms you should consult your doctor as prevention is always better than cure. Recognising these symptoms at an early age can be a boon and end up saving someone’s life:
1. Chest discomfort: chest discomfort and pain ought to be the most common symptom of heart-related problems. If you feel pain, tightness, or pressure in your chest for a few minutes you should not take it lightly as it is a sign of a blocked artery or a heart attack. It can happen anytime, whether you are resting or physically active.
But it’s not as common a symptom among women as many women experience heart attacks without any pain.
2. If you experience nausea, indigestion, heartburn, or
stomach pain could be because of heart-related issues. Even though an upset stomach is not what one would usually link to a heart attack, having these symptoms could be a sign of heart-related problems especially in women.
3. Feeling dizzy or lightheaded: though one may feel lightheaded because of many reasons, however, if dizziness is experienced with shortness of breath you should call the doctor right away.
4. You have started to get exhausted easily: if you get exhausted after doing a physical activity that was not a problem for you earlier, you may be having heart-related problems.
5. Pain that spreads to the arm: pain that radiates from the chest and spreads down the body and especially towards the arm on the latest side is another classic sign of heart-related problems.
6. Cold sweat: cold sweat because of no reason could be a sign you’re experiencing a heart attack and should not be taken lightly and a doctor should be called right away.
7. Throat or jaw pain: Throat or jaw pain can happen because of multiple reasons but if you experience pain that starts from the chest and expands to your throat or jaw then a doctor should be called immediately as you might be experiencing a heart attack.
8. Persistent cough: though this is not very common, it happens when blood is unable to function properly and starts leaking blood into the lungs
9. Snoring: Snoring puts extra pressure on the heart and therefore if you snore really loudly or as if gasping for air, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
10. Swollen feet, ankles and legs: When the heart doesn’t pump blood fast enough it gets backed up in the veins, leading to bloating. Also, heart failure makes it difficult for kidneys to function and kidneys become unable to remove excess water and sodium which also leads to bloating.
11. Irregular heartbeat: another sign of heart attack is an irregular heartbeat that lasts longer than a few seconds and is not because of excitement or nervousness or any other reason.
If you are planning to get a pacemaker in Kolkata, you should definitely consult an expert today.